We would like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our users. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
Union Hotel Geiranger by the CEO is the controller of the personal data we process.
Contact information to the controller:
Adresse: Geirangervegen 100, N-6216 Geiranger, Norway
Telefon: +47 70 26 83 00
Organisasjonsnummer: 960 465 725
Information You Voluntarily Provide
Information We Automatically Collect
When you browse the website or make a purchase, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. This information may include your device type, browser, IP address, how you came to the website or how you interacted with the website. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided. You may read more about the specific cookies we use on;
Information We Share with Third Party Providers
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers including
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
- Hosting services.
- Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you have agreed to receive such newsletters.
- Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of Hotel Union Geiranger , employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Hotel Union Geiranger.
- Information that is aggregated or anonymized that does not directly identify you.
- We enter into agreements with those we share information that limits access to use of the information and determines obligations to comply with applicable privacy regulations. Firms used; PcSupport AS, Sorentio AS, Havnevik AS, Avento AS og SPI AS.
How we protect your information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then Hotel Union Geiranger will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
You have the right to demand rectification of inaccurate data, restriction of processing, data portability and deletion of personal data.
If you want to use any of these rights, for example if your personally identifiable information changes or you wish your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by emailing email@example.com. We will give you access to your personally identifiable information that we hold within 30 days of a request to access. You may send a request to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters.
We will retain your personal data for as long as deemed necessary for the purpose of which the personal data was collected. This means, for example, that personal data we process on the basis of your consent will be deleted if you withdraw your consent. Personal data we process for the performance of a contract with you will be deleted when the agreement/service is fulfilled and all obligations arising from the agreement/service are fulfilled.
Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Third Party Websites
If you believe that personal data is being processed in violation with what is described here or with the privacy regulations, you have the right lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
For more information, visit the Norwegian supervisory authority's (Datatilsynet) website: www.datatilsynet.no