This policy describes how Steigenberger Alsik Hotel and Spa collects, processes, uses and discloses your personal information when you contact us, use our services or interact with our website.
Your privacy is of paramount importance to us and we take great steps to ensure a perfect balance between your confidentiality and the impeccable service we know you expect of Steigenberger Alsik Hotel and Spa.
We continuously take steps to ensure information is collected and processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner, and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and we will do our utmost to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date.
Information We Collect About You
When you stay at Alsik, you will notice our services are highly personalised and that we take great pride in exceeding even your highest expectations.
To carry out these services, it is necessary to collect and process your personal information. Please be aware that you share this information when speaking to our staff and by visiting our websites or corresponding with us.
We also use publicly available information to further tailor our services to you as well as details from any previous stays to provide you with the perfect guest experience.
We may also automatically collect some limited technical information, including information on your IP address, browser type and version, operating system and platform, page interaction information, and any phone numbers or email addresses used to correspond with us.
How We Use Your Information
Your information is crucial for us to be able to provide you with the perfect guest experience as well as our basic services, including:
- Confirm your hotel reservations.
- Send you emails that are related to your stay.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests.
- Confirm, update and improve customer records.
- Identify and inform you of services that may be of interest.
- Tailor services to ensure they are just the way you expect them to be.
How We Share Information with Others
We only share your information with others if it is necessary to provide you with a personalized service such as our in-house spa service, providing you with our fantastic concierge services and/or if we are obligated by law.
In the event you hook a service that we cannot improve through personalization, we will not share your details, but only place an anonymized booking on your behalf
Sharing of select information often happens with the foliowing types of partners and we always ensure that they only receive the details that are required for their part of the service:
- Banks and payment providers.
- Service providers.
- Law enforcement or governmental organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by applicable law.
Any information you supply us with and the information about your use of services at our hotel will only be used by us to notify you about events, establishments, sights or services that may be of interest to you.
Your personal information will not under any circumstances be disclosed to any third party for marketing purposes.
Retaining Your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for 550 days from your last stay with us, after which it will automatically become anonymized, unless you have signed a consent form stating that we may hold your personal information indefinitely. In this case we will keep your information for as long as we feel that we have a relationship with you and will only use it for clear and explicit purposes, this may also include satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a safe manner. Should you at any time wish to have your personal information deleted you are welcome to contact us and we will remove all details without undue delay, except those required to be retained by law.
Updating Your Personal Profile and Preferences
You can update or change your preferences for the way in which you would like us to communicate with you
- including how you receive news updates from us, or details of our latest offers by foliowing the unsubscribe instructions in the correspondence we send to you.
Accessing Your Personal Information & Exercising Your Rights under the GDPR
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processmg.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - you have the rights to lodge a complaint with the Danish supervisory authority "Datatilsynet" at www.datatilsynet.dk
All of the above requests will be forwarded on, should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
If you are concerned that any of the information, we hold about you is incorrect, out of date or may be used inappropriately, please contact us with your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records. To exercise any of your rights or if you have any queries regarding how your data is processed our data protection representatives can be contacted directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. We use them to identify you when you visit our website, and to make your use of the website more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer, you can disable Cookies in your Internet browser.
Changes to This Policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, you will be notified by email.